Thursday, May 1, 2008




This was one of my favorite projects so far. I really liked being able to make my project look real and to animate it. I don’t think that we had the time to really make our objects look as well as I would like, but despite the time I made things look really well. It took me a long time to get things just right. I spent hours doing just trial and error experiments to get things as really as I could and even then some of the textures didn’t look right because of certain quarks with the program. For example the grass; it still doesn’t look like grass even though I spent hours trying to get it to look realistic. I finally got it to look similar when a quark in the program made it change somehow. Now it looks yellow when originally it looked green. As far as the other textures, I had to open most of them in Photoshop, change them then reapply then till they looked right. It also took several hours of trial and error to get the animations right. I had to change, add, and turn off lights to get it to look just right. It was also a learning process to get the camera movements, and angles just right. I think that they turned out as well as can be expected with the time constraint. The renderings look the best and I really like those, and over all every thing turned out just how I wanted it to.


Movie 1 (Flyaround):








Movie 2 (Walkthrough):





No comments: