Sunday, March 23, 2008

ENDS170 Project 1











My design is of a small private gallery. I built it small for the fact that it is to be used by one person or family to house their art, sculptures or paintings. There is an exterior gallery on the 3rd floor and two more galleries on the first floor. I have two bathrooms female, and male, a reception area and a break room on the second story for anyone who may work there. I also have a storage area in the back of the building for the storage of paintings.





My modeling process was fairly straight forward. I started with the walls and the basics, along with the ceilings with a little help from you. I just kept working and changing things until it started to become the building that I was trying to build. I put the windows in strategic places and the roof, furniture, and windows were the final things that I placed in my building.




As far as Revit goes I like the way it works for orthogonal buildings but for angled walls and anything that isn’t straight it is very difficult to work with. Another thing that was hard to do is if you don’t know the program really well you have a hard time getting things finished in it. However I like it because it makes things a lot easier as far as logistics go. You can create families and categories really well and compared to AutoCAD I would definitely use it more. Also even though it’s hard to use when you don’t know the program once you learn it’s really simple.

No comments: